Players last visited Northrend in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, when Arthas Menethil fused with the spirit of Ner’zhul to become the Lich King, one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Warcraft. He now smolders atop the Frozen Throne deep within Icecrown Citadel, clutching the Frostmourne runeblade and mustering the undead armies of the Scourge. In Wrath of the Lich King, Alliance and Horde forces will venture into battle against the Scourge amid the howling winds and jagged ice fields of Northrend.
With the opening of the Dark Portal and the resumption of war to stop the Burning Crusade’s destruction of worlds, the heroes of Azeroth have given little thought to the frozen wastes of Northrend – and the terrible ancient powers that lie there. wait. Yet the looming evils of the fallen Nerubian Empire and their malevolent ruler have not forgotten Azeroth…
Former Death Knight and now Lich King Arthas has unleashed events that could lead to the extinction of all life in Azeroth, as his undead armies and the necromantic power of the plague threaten to sweep the land. . Only the mightiest heroes can survive in the frozen lands of the north with the hope of disrupting Arthas’ plans – and perhaps even challenging the Lich King himself and ending his reign of terror forever.
With this expansion, the dreaded Death Knight Hero Class, available to all players and starting at level 55. As former champions of the Lich King, Death Knights conquer their foes using dark magic and runic power. The original iteration of World of Warcraft success system, celebrating a wide range of player achievements in the game and the introduction of the registration business, which allows players to draw ability-enhancing glyphs that alter the appearance and alter the properties of spells and abilities.
Players will be able to put their skills and new abilities to the test in the 13 memorable dungeons of Wrath of the Lich King, like Ahn’Kahet: The Old Kingdom, where they’ll battle the minions of the Old God Yogg-Saron, and plague-ridden Culling of Stratholme, which recreates the tragic event from Warcraft history that led to the prince’s downfall. Arthas. Those looking for the ultimate challenge can take on the 9 raids introduced in the expansion, such as the updated versions of Naxxramas and Onyxia’s Lair from the pre-expansion world of warcraft, and of course Icecrown Citadel, where the story of the Lich King reaches its cinematic conclusion.
From the frozen throne of Icecrown Citadel, the Lich King Arthas Menethil, once fierce Paladin Prince consumed and corrupted by a misguided zeal to save his people at all costs, launches his undead army into war. against the people of Azeroth.
The icy winds of Northrend have begun their mournful groans, warning the heroes of Azeroth of the impending danger the Lich King and his undead scourge present to all life. Gather your allies, stock up on supplies, and prepare to face the threat that awaits.
With the release of the Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch, players can create their first Death Knight Hero class, take the path of the scribe with the new Job registrationand discover a host of new system updates.
Burning Crusade Classic players will get the joyful journeys buff to help prepare Wrath of the Lich King Classic. This buff will increase your experience gains by 50%!
Horde and Alliance forces will have another chance to end one of the World of Warcraftthe most iconic villains begin September 26, 2022, when the blizzard comes out Wrath of the Lich King classic, the authentic recreation of wowThe acclaimed second expansion from , at no additional cost to all players with an active subscription. This expansion will launch worldwide at 3 p.m. PDT and will be available on all World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic kingdoms.
Below is a timeline of what players can expect in the pre-patch:
- August 30: Pre-Patch Begins: Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch launches and Fresh Start realms go live during regional maintenance.
- September 6 to 13: Zombie Plague Event: A mysterious affliction begins to creep through capital cities. Players must be vigilant to avoid falling victim to its deadly effects.
- September 13 – Launch: Scourge Invasion Event: In multiple locations across Azeroth, players must coordinate a defensive posture against the attacking Necropolis and defeat the Scourge forces to gain powerful rewards.
- September 20–October 6: Brewfest begins: do you like to eat delicious fair food, drink abundant drinks and ride rams around barrels of apples? Participate in timed activities and events to earn Brewfest memorabilia and achievements during this brewtiful holiday event.
- September 26: Wrath of the Lich King Classic Launch: At 3:00 PM PDT, Wrath of the Lich King Classic will launch and players are encouraged to log in.
- October 4 and 5: Beginning of Arena Season 5: Season 5 will begin with the weekly reset.
- October 6: Naxxramas, The Eye of Eternity and The Obsidian Sanctum are available at 3:00 PM PDT
- Naxxramas, the giant necropolis and seat of the dreaded lich Kel’Thuzad, floats above Wintergarde Keep in Dragonblight, eager to aid the Lich King in his deadly machinations.
- Located in the center of Coldarra, the Eye of Eternity will challenge players to defeat the blue dragon aspect, Malygos.
- Dragonblight is home to the Obsidian Sanctum where players must venture beneath the Wyrmrest Temple to put an end to Sartharion and his lieutenants, Shadron, Tenebron, and Vesperon.
Just when it shook wow when it was originally released in 2008, Wrath of the Lich King classic will delight veterans and newcomers alike with a host of paradigm-shifting features, including:
- The sinister frozen north: Players will begin their journey in one of two Northrend zones, the Boreal Tundra or the Howling Fjord, and experience some of the most epic views and beloved storylines in all of Warcraft before breaking through to the King’s seat of power -lich in Icecrown.
- The Rise of the Death Knights: Available for both factions and from level 55, Death Knights—wows first hero class – harness the powers of darkness to help fight the evil that threatens Azeroth.
- New trade—Registration: This new profession allows players to draw mystical glyphs that alter the appearance and change the properties of spells and abilities, as well as craft powerful trinkets and secondary items.
- Achievements unlocked: Achievements are coming Classic WoWoffering players a whole new set of rewards for their exploits and achievements.
- Dungeons & Raids: Relive seminal 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and the Culling of Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas in a 10-player raid, an update from its original iteration as a 40-player pre-expansion raid World of Warcraft.
Prior to launch, players can experience Joyous Journeys, a 50% XP bonus event that will run until Wrath of the Lich King Classic’s Launching on September 26. Before the release, all wow subscribers will have the option to create one death knight per classic realm, which they can take to level 70 via Burning Crusade Classic content until September 26. Additionally, players will also be able to purchase optional upgrades, including new cosmetic items and a level 70 character boost for those who may not yet have a fully leveled character.
At launch, this finely tuned re-release of 2008’s hit expansion will be available at no additional cost to all players with an asset. World of Warcraft subscription.
- Death Knight Hero Class: Create a high level Death Knight character – the first hero class in the game – once certain challenges have been met.
- Level cap increased: Advance to level 80 and gain powerful new talents and abilities along the way.
- Northrend: Explore the hostile new continent of Northrend, filled with new areas, quests, dungeons, monsters, and items, and face off against the Lich King’s undead armies.
- “Enrollment” Profession: Learn this exciting new profession and gain unique ways to permanently improve spells and abilities in the game.
- Siege Weapons and Destructible Buildings: Take the battle to another level with new player versus player gameplay mechanics and new battlegrounds to wage war on.
- New Character Customization: Change the appearance and expression of characters, with different hairstyles and dance animations.
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic comes to PC on September 26, 2022.
More articles on World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King